Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Potty Time





Anna had her 18 month checkup last week. She is doing great, and according to her doc, apparently she is developmentally/emotionally ready to potty train. So I figured I'd give it a try. It's either now or a year from now, because I am so not doing it with a newborn. Her doc said if she recognizes when she has pottied in her diaper, she can learn to use the potty. And she readily informs me of all her bodily functions (after the fact), so here we go. We got a potty a few days ago, and I am just getting her familiar with it now. As some of the pictures illustrate, at times she is not that thrilled about it. Just to update on her "stats," she is 35 and 1/4 inches tall, which is off the charts that they have. She's 28 lbs 3 oz. (75th percentile) and her head is still 95th percentile. She is also off the charts in fit-pitching when the doc touches her and willfullness when told "no." I can really see her personality emerging, especially in the last couple of weeks. And I'll tell you what, I know I'm waaay biased, but she has a cute personality. I am having so much fun with her. I'm so blessed.

No comments: