Friday, March 14, 2008

Brooke McKenzie Dunham

Here she is!! 4 weeks early!! She was born Monday, March 10, 2008, at 8:29 pm, weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. and is 20 1/2 inches long. She is doing great and is very healthy. I was up all night the night before having contractions, and went in to see the doctor on Monday, and they told me my water had broke and I had dilated 4 cm. So, they admitted me at 12 pm. I thought I would try to go "all natural" with the birth--yeah, right--I made it until 2:30 before I gave up and asked for the epidural. At 6 pm they started me on Pitocin to get things moving, and after a little bit of pushing, we had another baby girl!!

This is how Brooke spends most of the day...asleep.














I managed to get a picture of Brooke with her eyes open today. It is really precious the way she looks around checking everything out, even with her limited range of vision.















Isn't she cute?














Here we are a few minutes after Brooke's arrival.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww, how sweet! you should do a side by side pic comparison of her and anna at this age!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart!! We can hardly wait to cradle her this weekend! Nothing like a little one to hold and admire! Deborah