Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall's Punxsutawney Phil

Okay, so it is officially out of the bag that I am the world's biggest dork. However, that is not going to stop me from being excited about what I shall explain below. Don't hate.

I was working outside the other day, and 4 or 5 monarch butterflies came fluttering through our yard. I ran inside and grabbed my camera and was able to get a pic of one on our front steps. They are so cool! Monarch butterflies fly south for the winter. Their migration is indicative of cooler weather to come. The axial change of the earth prompts their little brains to begin heading to warmer climate. I actually remember learning this (in a much simpler way) in elementary school.

I love butterflies. Anyone who has been into our home can attest to that. I'm not like Mariah Carey obsessed with butterflies, but I think they are beautiful creatures. And, the symbolism of their lifespans means a lot to me.

I was excited that 1) I got to see a wonderful example of God's inspired creation, and 2) that it is not going to be too much longer before we will all begin to complain about how cold it is, rather then hot ;) Bring it on! I LOVE the fall/winter/spring season. These next 6-8 months are my favorite! I guess it's lucky for me that I love so much of the year. Not to say that I don't love summer, but I'm from Florida, so I really, really appreciate seasons.

My husband calls me a hippie, but I prefer "naturalist." So, laugh at me all you will, but I think stuff like this is super cool.
Oh, and by the way, I'm pregnant again.

9 comments:

Robin said...

REALLY!!!! WOW!!!! Congrats!!! I love your posts...since I started working, I hardly have time to read, let alone post! BUT...this I'll say....your girls have a great mommy!!!! Love ya!

Erin said...

Thank you, Robin! You're so kind and encouraging! Thank you!

Madeira girl said...

Ok, that's too funny! What a way to tell the world! As if the butterflies are more important!:) Congratulations girl. I look forward to seeing this little one. (BTW, did you know on Friday and kept it a secret???)

Erin said...

I tested myself Monday cuz I wasn't feeling good---negative. Then after you guys left Friday night, I tested myself again cuz I was still queasy--and that time I got a positive result. I tested myself AGAIN on Saturday to be sure--still positive. So, no, I wan't keeping it a secret. I wasn't going to tell anyone at all until 8-10 weeks like the last 2 times, but I was too excited :) I've had several people calling me today saying "WHAT?!?!?" hehehe

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Have a great time in Greece!

Debbie

Erin said...

Thank you, Debbie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are blessed with so many beautiful grandchildren. Can't wait to see Anna and Brooke today. See ya'll later. Deborah

meghann said...

omg!!!!!
i only saw your new ticker...thats how i found out!!! yayayayaya! ill have to call you now that i can actually talk on the phone! SO happy for you two!!!!!!

Erin said...

Thanks, girl! Don't think I'm being rude if you don't hear back from me...we're leaving soon for Greece.

We need to get together again when we get back! I promise to call you. Besides, you gotta hear about all the awesome things going on in our church right now!!! We may recruit you guys yet ;)