Friday, October 10, 2008

7 Months

Giving the "faster than a speeding bullet" phrase whole new meaning, my now 7 month old Brookester is setting her own pace. In case you didn't believe me before, I now have pictorial and video graphic evidence.
That's right, in what seemed like an overnight occurrence, Brooke is ringing in her 7 month mark by crawling, pulling up, sitting up, working on 2 more teeth, and general havoc-wreaking that comes along with the aforementioned activities.

I was at Chick-fil-A with a friend and her kids the other day, and whilst I turned to grab something for Anna, Brooke proceeded to toss my grilled chicken sandwich across the restaurant. And, boy, is that a microcosm of my new reality. Gone are the days of a subdued little baby whose only desire was to be held by mommy. *sigh* Just when I start to get the hang of one season, a new one begins. I thought having one child who gets into everything was hard. Pah! One day I'll be bored. One day.... *daydreaming*

But, really, it is a lot of fun to watch her develop. She is going to be (well, she already is) very different from Anna. I have to remain focused on enjoying this time in her life, which has been kinda difficult with all the pregnancy stuff, but overall she is such a joy and a blessing.

Here is a video, albeit brief, of Brooke crawling. It's hard to get a good video of her crawling because everything is new and exciting and she gets easily distracted by anything in her path, including dirt, which has added a new layer of fun since I do not set the world on fire in the housekeepery department.


Hope you enjoyed the updates!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!!!! I cannot BELIEVE how far she has come in the crawling since we left just 2 weeks ago!! She was more "creeping" than crawling. She hadn't gotten her hands and legs working together yet! She is really getting around! Let me just say I am grateful she waited til Mom and Dad got home before she started the true crawling! :)

Erin said...

And let me tell you...she has been into everything. I honestly think she will be walking by the new year. AAAAA!