Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things Kids Do

I promise to post our Halloween pictures soon, but for right now I have some cute pictures from the last few weeks of the girls. I am having to gear up here to go vote, so I don't have time to do both posts at present. Hopefully you will enjoy this in the meantime.

Now that Brooke is out of her baby tub, we are being environmentally responsible citizens and conserving resources (and money) by doing dual bathtime. It works out quite well for all involved.

Anna and Brooke both seem to enjoy bathtime together, as pictured below.













Not sure what Brooke's pouty face was all about in this picture, but I thought it was cute, so I decided to post it. Anna, as usual, hams it up for the camera.














One day, I had gotten Anna up from her nap and taken her downstairs with me. I left Brooke asleep so I could a few more things done. However, Brooke seems to have ESP as to when she may be missing something, because shortly thereafter she began to cry. Well, I was not about to stop since I was so close to being caught up. I thought nothing of it when Anna came marching into the kitchen to inform me, "I go get baby sister."
"Okay, kid, go see baby sister," I agreed distractedly. And off she went. About 5 minutes later, after hearing some bangs and laughing, and after getting dinner ready to go and in the oven, I headed upstairs to round up the troops. I entered Brooke's room to find the scene below:
I had no idea Anna possessed the ability to climb into her sister's crib. Apparently she does. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that. But, anyway, they were yukking it up in the crib together. I am going to have to be careful that Anna doesn't decide to throw Brooke out of the crib one day. It's not a matter of if, but when ;)













We went out to dinner the other night with some friends. My mean ol' husband and friend, LiAnn, decided it would be funny to give Brooke a pickle to see how she would react to it. Well, their evil plan back-fired, because Brooke thought it was the most wonderful thing in the whole world, and she proceeded to gnaw and suck on it for a good 15 minutes, until Steven lost patience with having to deal with it. I happened to have the camera in my purse, so I was able to get this picture.














And last, but not least, to show you the comedic value inherent with having children, the picture below reveals the reality of life. I had purposed to get a cute, lovable picture of my girls smilingly embracing each other. Instead, no matter how hard I tried, the best picture I could get was Anna putting Brooke in a headlock while I tried to intervene. Luckily, I find reality so much more refreshing than the pretense of it.














Now I must go do my civic duty.

No comments: