Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Utero-Tour

I had my 20 week ultrasound and checkup today. We got a great look at baby Dunham #3. Everything is developing normally and little one is very healthy. All the organs were measuring normally, so there is nothing "negative" to report. No. 3's heart rate was steady at 150 bpm, as usual. My due date remains the same as the head measurements put me right at 20 weeks.

And here are the pictures:
As I'm sure you are aware, this is baby's face and fist. That circular feature in the left eye socket is actually the lens. I thought that was pretty cool, even if it is a little scary-looking.














Another look at the baby's face and belly.













Then baby decided to get shy and put it's arms up in front of it's face.













We were able to get some good 3D pictures as well.
Baby is laying on it's left side, facing towards the right of the picture, hands folded right in front of the nose. Hope that helps you distinguish some facial features. It took the technician explaining it to me before I could see it.













As before with the regular 2D shots, baby soon decided to be uncooperative and put an arm right in the way.













So, we moved on to look at other things. That's when the tech took this shot of the legs and feet. Baby was very comfy.













Okay, so here's the money shot, and what you all really want to know...













I have a tiny wee-wee growing inside me. Weird. It blows my mind.

Steven and I both were totally surprised. I think we both had convinced ourselves that we were probably going to have a girl,---which we were really excited about, by the way---and I don't think the shock of a little boy Dunham has quite sunk in yet. And as for your next question: what names we like, well, I don't have an answer to that one. We had picked out a few boy names, but now that we are looking at an actual male-naming situation, we are re-thinking our choices. I had Carrie Madeline all ready to announce. I'll get back to you when we have come to a final decision.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my uterus. Speaking of my uterus, my body is doing an excellent job of taking care of this baby. Other then the fact I feel like hammered poo, I am quite healthy. I only gained 4 pounds, which is a Christmas miracle, because I have NOT been watching what I eat. I am definitely going to start working out more readily so I don't "blow it up" as I enter the prime weight-gaining season of my pregnancy. We shall see how I fare. Happy New Year, everyone, and I will post more Christmas stuff in the next few days. Have a great one!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Congrats on a baby BOY!!! Wow! I truly cannot imagine what that would be like after 2 girls. I think Joe & I just assume we're having all girls too :)

It was great catching up with you the other day!

Erin said...

Thank you! It was great seeing you too!

The Brown Family said...

Thank you Lord!! Isn't God good! :)
I absolutely love the baby's first photos!