*sigh*
My little sweetie is 11 months. Almost a year. Wow. It goes by so quickly.
A few new things to report...
She's officially done her first sign. I have been working on "up" quite a bit the last few months, because that seems to be what she wants from me a lot (to be picked up, that is). The last few days she has been toddling around signing "up" for no apparent reason. She does it also when she wants to be picked up, obviously. I need to get a video of it to post at some point. Whenever I seem to think about it, though, the camera is never convenient. Oh, well. My next signing endeavor will be "please" and "more." So, wish me luck :)
Brooke just got over having the measles. Yes, measles. She felt so horrible. She had a scary-high fever for 3 days, bloodshot eyes, diarrhea....it scared me half to death. I finally took her to the pediatrician because I thought she had an ear infection or UTI. Nope, says her doctor, a virus. Anyway, 2 days later, when I was getting us ready to go to church *ahem* I noticed she was breaking out with the splotchy red measles rash. The rash was very slight, and went away quickly. She seems to be "out of the woods" now and back to normal. Mommy, however, has not recovered from trying to not be angry about her poor babies getting sick every time they go to church. It's irritating. Anyway, moving on and away from the soap box...
Brooke is still walking all over the place. She's definitely enjoying her new mode of transporting herself. She loves to play with Anna. She laughs and follows Anna around constantly. It's like she knows that something fun is bound to happen as long as she keeps up with Anna.
Brooke has officially entered her "clingy" stage. She wants to constantly be held. Luckily she is not the chunker her older sister was at this age, or I might not be able to accommodate her.
So there you have it! The next and last of my "first year" monthly posts will be on Brooke's 1st birthday. *sniff*
1 comment:
Brooke is so CUTE! I can relate to being upset about her getting the measles. Jonathan got the mumps when he was a little one even though he had had the shot! He was so sick! I am glad she is better.
We are looking forward to coming to see you all in March to celebrate the girls' birthdays!
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!
Post a Comment