Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Train

Last weekend we took the kids to Village Park in Kannapolis for the Santa Train. Basically, there are tons of lights set up all around the park, and you ride around and look at the lights whilst on the train. It's 2 bucks a person to get a mini-McAdenville experience. I wish I could say it was a lot of fun for Steven and I, but that would be an utter falsehood. Chase pooed his pants and it leaked out all over he and I both. Brooke screamed the entire time we waited in line (about 10 minutes). Anna ended up staring at her feet most of the train ride. But I think they had fun ;) They seemed to enjoy running around in the field looking at the big light displays before we went on the train ride.

Here are a few pictures of the girls checking out this huge light display in the field:




















Here is a picture of the train and some of the lights they had set up....













So, once we reminded all of the older men in line of their tours in Vietnam with the screaming and smell of poo, we finally got all set to ride the train. Here is Steven striking a pose, and Brooke, expressing her delight.














This guy showed up....



















Anna was excited....












....until I tried to get a picture of her with him. And then she freaked out. Luckily for Anna, by that time, I was in no mood to fight her on it. That's because every time I opened my mouth, it was filled with a gaseous taste of poo, caused by none other than....


















....who had to wear this pink hat because I lost his boy-looking one. He had to borrow big sister's. Everyone thought he was a girl. Oh, the therapy he will need.

I did manage to get a picture of Brooke with Santa. I couldn't bring myself to subject Santa to the smells and stains associated with Chase's participation in the picture. But anyway, here is what Brooke thought of Santa....

















Here is a view of the end of the train ride....

















....and the end of our misery for the evening.

Merry Christmas, or Bah Humbug, as it were.

No comments: