Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 Months Old


Brooke is 2 months old! Steven and I were talking about it, and I am amazed how quickly it has gone, while he feels like she's been here forever. Either way, we love our little girl. Granted, it has been a challenging transition, but the good thing is, no one stage lasts for very long. I am trying to keep that in mind when things start to get crazy. Sarah Bower told me that going from 1 to 2 was difficult for her, then after that it was much easier. So, thanks Sarah, that was very encouraging!!
Anyway, Brooke went in for her 2 month checkup, and she's doing great. Other then colic, she is perfectly heathly and growing normally. She is 10 lbs 4 oz (50%) and 22 1/2 inches long (50%). She got some immunizations and it has totally thrown off everything we had accomplished as far as a sleep schedule was concerned. It's amazing, everything that happened or I learned with Anna I pretty much have to "throw out the window" and re-learn what works for Brooke. I didn't realize the personality distinctions would be this apparent this early--but they are!!! It's a reminder to me that I need to be a student of my husband and kids as individuals and not as a whole. I'm learning!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow look at her hold her head up! As far as kids being different, all 3 of mine are very different and special in their own way. No, there is no "one size fits all" method to raising children! Ya'll are doing a fine job and Brooke and Anna are very lucky little girls.
Love, Deborah

Erin said...

Thanks, Deborah! We are blessed to have you!