So, we went to the doctor today for her checkup. She was 12lbs. 12 oz. (25%), and 24 1/2 inches long (50%). They said she looked great and was growing normally, although it's weird to me to see smaller figures after getting used to Incredible Hulk-sized figures when Anna was a baby. Brooke eats as much, if not more, then Anna did, so it shows that it ultimately has to do with genetic makeup rather than amount of consumption.Moving on...
We went to a new pediatrician that's closer to our new home, and I have to say I am SO pleased with this practice! Everyone was friendly--even the receptionists--the doctor was refreshingly realistic and practical--just my speed! Case in point, the doctor actually suggested that I start feeding Brooke rice cereal now, instead of the typical "Oh, no, not until they're 6 months, even if they are starving to death" line you normally get. I could rant for hours about my thoughts on how ridiculously pompous and unrealistic some medical professionals have become, but I don't feel the need to do that now that I have found Salisbury Pediatric Associates! Woohoo!

Moving on again...
Brooke got 4 shots that she was very displeased with at the time, but was so good immediate-
ly afterwards that we were able to go to the grocery store on our way home.
A few milestones have been reached...she rolls over quite a bit now, and she has started laughing. My MIL Deborah was actually the one who got the first laugh out of her last weekend. It was SO CUTE! Baby belly laughs are the best! Anyway, she is grabbing at and interested in toys, and you can tell her motor skills are beginning to develop. Next thing I know she's going to be graduating from college. *sigh*
3 comments:
I am so glad Miss Brooke is healthy. She is obviously adorable with a smile that takes over her face when she graces you with it! I am so glad the doctor gave you the okay to go with the rice cereal. You knew that was what she needed so it is great that the guy with the MD degree agreed with your decision!! Most often, moms do know best for their babies! love, Deborah
Thanks for suggesting it! She realy digs it! She grabs ahold of the spoon as I feed her, and she starts crying if I don't feed her fast enough!
Their new doc is actually a lady! Which suprises me even more--women doctors tend to be way more militant then men doctors. I love her, she's great!
That is so great that you have a pediatrician you trust and feel comfortable with. So important! Take care of yourselves. See you in early September. Deborah
PS I hate to keep being "anonymous" but haven't figured out how to register as me! So technology challenged! :)
Post a Comment