Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Addition

Bless the Lord Almighty above, we have a driveway. It's amazing the things we take for granted. I did not realize how essential a driveway was to my sanity until we did not have one for a month. We have had almost daily torrential downpours, so wet red clay has been the bane of my existence recently thanks to a certain Anna Dunham who seems to gravitate towards the muddiest parts of the yard.
Anyway, Steven did what Steven does and called 800 different concrete and asphalt guys for quotes before he finally found the "sweetheart deal of the century" (his words, not mine). And as you can see, we now have an asphalt driveway and a concrete walkway. They laid it all in one day. Woohoo! Now all we need is a yard with actual grass :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love your new house! I think that the floor plan is the greatest. I know you love all those closets!
Debbie

Erin said...

Thanks so much! You're so kind! You know you're blessed when you've got more closet space then stuff to fill it with! Again, it was great to see you!