Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Sorry, folks, that it's been so long since I have posted. For whatever reason, it has been really crazy 'round these parts for the last few weeks. My kiddos have been keeping me hopping! But here are a whole bunch of new posts to catch you up!

Anna's doing great. However, if she were a Transformer, her name would be Destructicon. I had to get those locks for her closet doors because she gets in there and throws all her clothes in her hamper and I have to refold them and put them back away. If it isn't nailed down, this child will find a way to destroy it. Also, she doesn't really take a nap anymore either. And some nights she's still awake at midnight. I tried everything to keep this child in the bed, but the bottom line is, she just ain't tired. So, she gets to play quietly in her room during naptime and bedtime. I can't make her have less energy--so we have found an alternative. Despite her mind-numbing amount of energy, I still love her :)














If both fists in the mouth wasn't clue enough, Brooke has started teething. I can see little slivers underneath her gums. She has started drooling everywhere, and she is a BEAR. She was doing so much better mood-wise when I switched her formula to the hypoallergenic stuff, and then all of a sudden she morphed into a major crankypants.














I'm not gonna lie, it's been really tough these last few weeks! Individually they are not difficult, but I am having a really hard time figuring out how to handle them both at the same time! I know it will get easier, and I know I need to enjoy them now, it's just tough to keep that in mind when both of them are screaming and won't stop! I've been having those "what was I thinking?" moments, but then Anna gives me a hug without me having to ask, and Brooke starts laughing and talking to me...and I remember what a gift and blessing my children are!

2 comments:

meghann said...

hey girl! sounds like your last few weeks were a little rough too:) i really want to get together with you soon, i have been so overwhelmed and have not seen much of anybody...i didnt want you to think i was ignoring you:) soon i will have evryting done for this baby's arrival....and then maby we can get together? i would love to see your house! thanks for being honest about your last few weeks! ill be praying for teething to happen fast:)

Erin said...

We definitely need to get together again...it's so much fun! I didn't think you were ignoring me! It was not too long ago I was in your position, so I remember how exhausting even "normal everyday" stuff becomes. I'll call you...