We finally got the child a dresser for her room. The first night she shut her arm in one of the drawers and couldn't get it out. The second night she threw her clothes all over the place. I made the mistake of laughing about it (sound familiar, Deborah?), so she proceeded to do it every night for a week before I finally gave up and put them back in the closet where they were before. I did manage to get a picture one night when I went to check on her before I went to bed (below). As you can see, she wreaked some havoc, then fell asleep right in the middle of her destruction. Notice how she has her favorite pair of shoes on. I have taught my young grasshopper well.

So, without her clothes to occupy her during bedtime, she has taken to using her PB chair as a fort---only to fall asleep under it where I found her as I went to bed later on.

What a piece of work! I wouldn't have it any other way (okay, maybe sometimes I would).
"Well
behaved" children are so boring, and a "perfect" life is so one-dimensional (not to mention, unattainable). I love the life that I have, and I am so grateful for it--chaos and all.
Speaking of chaos, I have started potty-training Anna again. She's doing pretty well, but I must admit, my heart is not in it. Her doc recommended that I start now while it's summer. *sigh* She was walking around yesterday holding her bum because it was so numb from sitting on the potty so much. She pees and poos in it fine if I pump her full of fluids and "recognize the signs," and she doesn't seem to "regress," I just think she is totally ambivalent about it in general. When I praise and encourage her, she doesn't seem to care at all. Oh, well.
This pic is mostly for my in-laws. Steven and I were Wii bowling the other night and noticed that all our Miis that we created were sitting together in the bowling alley. Ha, Ha! Steven was the one who told me to put the picture on here. Starting from the left is Deborah, Chuck, me, and Steven.
4 comments:
ok, that first picture is HUH-LARIOUS!
I was cracking up at my desk.
YAAAAAAAAAY! You found me! Now I shall go visit you...
A new blog to read---Woohoo!
Alas, the Dunham genes strike!! It is total dejavu! I promise, Erin, I never wished for Steven to have children just like him b/c I knew I was just wishing it on his wife! I love the fact she has her shoes on.
And I am so glad we were able to get together for a night of bowling! :) Such an attractive group, if I say so myself!!
Love, Deborah
You're right, you and I are pretty darn hot. Our men aren't too bad either ;)
Good thing God gave me a sense of humor, or the cloths-throwing gene might be a problem! Ha! Though, I was no angel as a toddler, from what I have heard.
Post a Comment