So, here's Miss Thing all decked out and ready to go to the park with Daddy.

They went to Village Park in Kannapolis together on Saturday. It's a great place...there's a splash park, several different playgrounds, and, as pictured below, a train that goes around the park.

This is Daddy's attempt at getting Anna to wave at the camera.

Anna found my hair clips and wanted me to put them all in her hair. Hence this lovely hairdo. It's one of my finer creations.

And finally...
On Noggin, in between shows, there is this little "tutorial" that shows how to do a dance from a live Backyardigins show. Anna loves it! She dances along with it, and when it says "step, touch" she marches with it saying "step, touch!" For whatever reason, she won't do it the second I turn on the camera, but either way, she loves dancing to it. I think we have a future dancer on our hands!
All in all, we had a great weekend! Lots of activities and time spent together as a family, which is always worthwhile! Good thing, since we like each other so much :)
6 comments:
i have heard about that park but didn't know IT HAD TRAIN RIDES!!!!! omg!!! we have totally got to go!!! maybe when the weather turns a little cooler? jake would flip out about the train:) we might have to ride it over and over! i wonder if adults can ride? that would make for some cheesy pics:)
We definitely need to go--when it gets cooler. That's why Steven takes Anna, it is too darn hot out there for me and Brooke. We're sensitive :)
Anna flips out over the train too. Every day when Steven gets home she asks him, "Daddy, train?" It would be a great place for James to take Jake to give you a break sometimes.
Can't wait for your shower!!
Oh yeah, I forgot...YES, adults can ride! However, it does cost 1 dollar per ride.
Anna gets her love of trains honestly. We used to take Steven to see the train at St Mountain Park when he was a little guy every weekend. I am glad to know about that park. We will take the girls there when we are babysitting in September. Love, Deborah
I agree with Deborah. I remember riding around trying to find trains for Steven when he was little. Steven got that from his dad (Granddad Chuck) who would wait for his dad (Great-granddad Charles) to take him to watch the trains every day when Great-granddad got home from work. It's obviously a genetic thing!
Debbie
That's great! Steven is so blessed to have such a wonderful Mom and Aunt that did that for him! Anna's love of trains definitely makes sense! I knew Chuck loved trains (because of that "Trains and Locomotives" show he always watches), but I didn't know about Steven and Charles. That's cool! I love hearing the family's stories! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment