That's right, folks, Anna and I went on not our first--or second or third or fourth--but fifth trip to the ER last night in her mere 2 1/2 years on this earth. How and why did this happen, you ask? Well, my little spitfire, who refuses to do anything in an orderly and calm manner, proceeded to leap about in the tub while waiting for her daddy to get her out. She promptly slipped, fell, and popped her chin on the tub ledge. The force of the blow caused her to bite through her tongue and rip open a 3/4 inch laceration on her chin. And, oh, was there drama.
Luckily, I am no stranger to blood and guts, so it did not phase me at all. I was mostly dreading what I knew would be a long evening. And, boy, was it. I will spare you the gory details, but the end result was that the doctor who took care of Anna was awesome and he did a great job stitching her up. Yeah, she cried (okay, screamed bloody murder) and it was very sad, but I sliced open my face when I was the about the same age as Anna and I don't remember anything about it, so I doubt she will either. She bounced back afterwards, because when the doctor said "Gimme five!" she promptly slapped his hand with a big grin. She got a milkshake on the way home and slept until 9 this morning.
Here are the four stitches on her chin...
...and here is the bite mark on the top of her tongue. It's on the left.
It's only a flesh wound.
3 comments:
AT least she has both her arms and legs still! Oh. we have had some fun with blood as well. No fun going to er though! Hope mommy got a milkshake too!
Between our 2 families, we keep the medical industry running ;)
I got a burger and fries. It was awesome.
Ha- your girlie reminds me of Taylor when he was young. He always had a black eye or injury somewhere! May grace abound my friend!! :)
Have a great day! Gisele
Post a Comment