There was a museum at this historical site, but they did not allow pictures, so obviously I didn't take any. However, once we got back outside, immediately behind the museum were all these pillars. I couldn't figure out what they were. There was a lot of them though.
Here is a shot down the road called the Street of Tombs.
Another view, down the right side of the street...
This is the grave of a guy named Dionysios. And there is a guy named Steven to give you a sense of scale.
At the other end of the Kerameikos, where all the turtles were gettin' it on, there were some cool ruins. Apparently these were the ancient walls and the spot of the Sacred Gate into Athens. I couldn't get a better shot then this, which is the top of the gate, because of the parts that were blocked off.
This is a view back across the Kerameikos. I am actually standing on the city wall ruins to take this picture.
And finally, after a day of walking around so much my poor feet were killing me, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner in an open-air restaurant. On the right is, TJ, his wife Erin, and me. On the left, Brian and Steven.
No comments:
Post a Comment