Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pregnancy Update

First off, here's what our little baby looks like right now...












Today I went in for the 1st checkup of baby Dunham #3 (and I guess me too). I will begin by bragging about my blood pressure, which was a highly impressive 108/64. Muhahahahaha.

Moving on...

My doctor actually brought up that they were going to keep a very close eye on me this pregnancy to make sure I do not go into pre-term labor. She said they might put me on meds, depending on how things go, to prevent it. Since I had Anna 3 weeks early and Brooke 4 weeks early, her concern was I would have this baby even earlier, which would not be good. She said no need to worry, but for me to be mindful of not getting overly tired, stressed, or hot.

I told her I had been having a little cramping that I had not had with my previous 2 pregnancies. She said that was normal, but she went ahead and scheduled an ultrasound for next Friday to check on baby #3. Woohoo! They did not do this with Brooke, so I am excited to get a look at this little one, and I am full of faith that everything will be JUST FINE, no matter what happens.

Other than that, I got 3 pints of blood drawn (okay, that's a mild exaggeration) and a prescription for some new-fangled vitamins that supposedly don't make you as sick as regular prenatal vitamins (we shall see).

I have actually been feeling pretty good. It's different then the last 2 pregnancies. Instead of feeling bad all the time for the first 4 months, this time it seems to come and go in waves. I feel really good and not at all pregnant one minute, and then the next I feel horribly nauseous and miserable. Also, I don't feel nearly as emotional or tired. Steven actually commented that I have been very pleasant and calm thus far. Hopefully this is a trend I can continue ;) Well, that's all the information I can think of for today...

Stay tuned for (hopefully) a picture of No. 3 next Friday, if all goes well!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Praise the Lord!! I didn't know you were expecting! God is so good- so kind!!! I can't wait to follow your progress :).

Have a fabulous day!!
Gisele