Friday, November 14, 2008

8 Months!!!

It's amazing what happens in a month! Brooke is now 8 months old, and she has hit a pretty crazy growth spurt. She outgrew her 6-9 month clothes in ONE month; I have officially gotten out the 9-12 month clothes for her.
She still loves this toy (left), but I am finding that she is really starting to expand her horizons. Brooke will crawl all over the playroom, from one toy to the next, entertaining herself with various things. Granted, she does get to a point quite often where she just wants the mamma, and will rest at nothing until I pay her some attention.

I have started introducing signs to her. She really responds to them. She will crawl to where I am when she wants to be picked up and makes grunting sounds. That's when I sign and say "up." She smiles and starts bouncing her whole body up and down, all while looking at my hand as I sign "up." It's really cute. When I was teaching Anna signs, she had a very different response (i.e. no response), so I am assuming Brooke might have more of an affinity for signing. We shall see. I am mostly concentrating on "up" for now, but I do "eat" too when I think about it. I'll start introducing more over the next few months. The ones I found the most helpful with Anna were "up," "more," and "please." Anna actually still signs "more," even though I'm not sure if it's conscious---more a force of habit. Either way, I love doing it, and it proved to be very helpful to Anna and I both, removing some of her frustration as a baby.

Brooke also loves to watch some of Anna's shows, particularly Dora the Explorer. When the music starts at the beginning, Brooke will start smiling and bouncing to the music.

Brooke is also starting to get more teeth on the bottom. I was expecting her top 2 teeth to come in any day now, but instead, her other 2 incisors are coming next to the ones already in. As a result of her teeth, I've started giving her Cheerios and crackers, which she loves. It really frees me up some to be able to put her in her high chair and let her munch on a snack.

A few weeks ago I noticed that Brooke was really going after Anna's cups whenever she found one on the floor. She would try to drink from them on her own, so I figured she was ready to start trying a regular cup...


















...and, boy, does she dig it. She still wants her bottle, but she gets really excited about the cup. I got a picture of her in cup action.


















But then she made a kamikaze leap for the camera. An aside, she threw my glass of sweet tea everywhere the other day. I had my cup sitting there and Brooke was in my lap, and in the millisecond I wasn't paying attention, she managed to grab my cup and heave it all over the place. Niiiice. My girl is definitely not a tiny baby anymore.














Well, she's growing up fast, whether I like it or not. Here's a picture of Brooke "drinking" from her fish bowl....














Have a good day!

No comments: