Friday, November 14, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I went in for my monthly OB visit last week. There is not a lot to report. I heard the baby's heartbeat (160 bpm), I went over all the paperwork where I accept/decline all that genetic testing stuff (I declined---with guilt trips), got all the info for hospital preregistration and what-not, and saw the doctor for like 45 seconds.

I'm doing fine. I have not gained any weight since I found out I was pregnant, which is a dubious honor considering I still have an extra 20 lbs hanging around from my previous pregnancy. At least I'm not exacerbating the problem, right? Hopefully this is a trend I can continue. The morning sickness is almost entirely gone. I still have days where it's bad, but mostly I'm feeling much better. I'm thinking I feel well enough to start working out again. I had to stop because I was feeling so awful and was getting horrible cramps afterwards, so the doctor told me to stop.

I asked the nurse if I would be able to get my ultrasound in before Christmas, and she told me that she didn't see why not, but to ask the doctor at my next visit. So, hopefully I will be setting up my ultrasound next month when I go in. I go in again at 16 weeks, the first week in December, but my practice doesn't usually do the anatomy ultrasound until 20 weeks, so we'll see what happens. I'm not so impatient at this point that I'm willing to pay for an independent ultrasound company. Anyway...

That's all I will bore you with about my pregnancy---for now.

No comments: