Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Developments

We have a few new things going on around here. Nothing all that exciting. Just life.
I went to my doctor yesterday. Everything's all good. The baby's heart rate is 144 bpm. I'm measuring normally, and apparently my weight is fine, though I have officially started gaining. I guess I need to cut back on all those bon-bons I've been eating ;) This baby is VERY active--even with my placenta located in the front; they told me the term for that, I forget what it is, but all it means is that I might not feel the baby move as much. This happened with Brooke too. However, my current placental placement does not seem to be cushioning the acrobatics of No. 3 very much. Anna was very active in-utero, while Brooke was much calmer, so I'm thinking I might have another high-energy child on my hands. Oh, boy---literally.

Here's Brooke. Not much to report other then she is my little cutie. Oh, yeah, we are down to one bottle a day. When I get done with this can of formula, she is officially weaned from bottles. Woohoo!













Miss Thing has decided to be potty-trained. Yeah, that's right. She decided. Two weeks ago she would inform me whenever she had done anything in her diaper and ask me to change her. So, last week I decided to break out the potty again. I left her diaper off and told her to tell me when she needed to go. There have been a few accidents, but overall she has done exceptionally well, and has been using the potty now for a week and a half. She only wears a diaper for naptime and bedtime (and when we go out). Woohoo!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO (excuse the obvious pun), Anna! You are such a big girl! Nana and Granddad Chuck are so proud of you! At least mom and dad will have a short reprieve from having 2 in diapers at all times. Woohoo!!!

meghann said...

anna needs to have a little conversation with jake about how he needs to start using the potty. well have to set that up.