Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Anna's Birthday

First things first, on the Thursday prior to all of her birthday festivities, Anna proceeded to do a header into our coffee table and bust a half inch hole in her forehead. At first glance, I had begun to gird my loins for yet another trip to the emergency room. But once I plopped her on the counter and got a better look---and as I mentally reviewed how she had popped half the sutures out in the 24 hour period after our last visit---I decided to clean and tape it up myself. So, that is why she has bloodied tape on her forehead in all these pictures. It is currently healing wonderfully, and any "Scarface" nicknames should held at bay at for now. However, I am seriously considering buying stock in Mederma---or in a drug company that sells high-powered calmatives (for me).
Anyway...
We decided to celebrate her birthday on Saturday (her birthday was yesterday, technically) so that we could make a "day" out of it and so Steven could participate for more then a few hours. We started the day by heading to Toys R Us to let her pick out some birthday presents. After that we had lunch, then headed home to open her gifts. We were planning on taking her to an indoor playground, but decided that her wound was too fresh to risk her possibly getting kicked in the head by some other kid. Once it's all healed I will re-evaluate that scenario.
She got some wonderful gifts for her birthday, thanks to all of her incredibly generous family: lots of spring/summer clothes, a basketball goal set, a t-ball set, a kiddie golf club set, an art easel, a purse, and an assundry of other little things.















Anna officially fully understands the meaning and inherent excitement associated with presents. She worked it out. When we set out her pile of gifts, she screamed, "PRESENTS!" and went to town. She is such a grateful girl, saying "Wow! Thank you!"



















Anna shooting some hoops (above) and getting ready to work on her short game (below).


















And here's Anna using her t-ball stand in a more alternative manner.
Okay, so here she is using her t-ball stand for actual t-ball.

I promise to get all emotional on you with a photographic montage when I find the CDs onto which Steven burned all of Anna's baby pictures. Until then....

3 comments:

James Hasty said...

please please please tell me she didn't get a coach purse for her birthday?! ; )
jake is going to have fun with those toys when we are over next!!!!!!

James Hasty said...

by the way...its me not james posting that...sorry

Erin said...

HA! No way, that's a fake one. I've got connections.... ;)

Yeah, we did kinda go for more sports-oriented toys. My child just does not like dolls. Jake should enjoy them too!