Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I know it is very popular right now to include pictures of oneself at different times in one's pregnancy. I am not big on this trend, mostly because I do NOT feel beautiful whilst pregnant, so I am not too keen to subject myself to scrutiny. But, this time I have decided to break from my habit and post the most recent picture of myself (above left). Aren't I glowing? Ahhh, the picture of gestational beauty. So lovely.

Anyway, I went in for my 28 week checkup today. And as my OB tried to encouragingly remind me, I am in my 3rd trimester. Woohoo *said with little to no enthusiasm* I think this slightly depressive state has been brought on by the fact I had my O'Sullivan test done today, and that nasty orange sugar drink (as with both times in the past) messes me up. Ugh. Headaches. Nausea. Wah, wah, wah. Oh, well. Tomorrow I should be back to "normal." And hopefully this test will come back normal so I don't have to do the exponentially more miserable 4-hour tolerance test like I did last pregnancy. *fingers crossed*


Otherwise, I am doing very well: healthy and progressing normally. Baby's heart rate was 132 bpm. And, I believe we have finally come to a name conclusion. As of right now....and this is subject to change given the fact that this naming process has already been through heavy litigation....our baby's name will be Shaun Michael Dunham. So now everyone can stop harassing me about the baby's name. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous both when you are pregnant and when not! But I do remember feeling like a beached whale so I understand. God knew what he was doing so that by the
9th month women are so ready to deliver they don't care about the pain, etc--just get her done!!

I like the name for baby boy Dunham but realize changes may be coming. I always had girls' names ready months in advance but we chose the boys' names either on the way to the hospital or after the birth. Of course this is before you knew the gender of the baby like people do now.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend for Brooke's first birthday!

Deborah