Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brooke!

My little girl is 1 year old already! I felt a little guilty initially when looking back at the last year, because it seems to me she got a bit jipped with all the crazy happenings of the past year that prevented me from being more focused on relishing and enjoying her as much as I would have liked. It was fleeting feeling, however, only because she is such a dear little child, every day I spend with her is better than the last. Truly. I'm not just being a corndog, Brooke continues to be more and more of a blessing to me every day.
I can't believe it was only a year ago that this is how her little life began. Wow. (the hat is still awesome) What a sweetie. It's amazing how they change and grow so quickly!
Here she is one year later!
















We had a low-key shindig to celebrate her birthday last Saturday. We got some great video, but unfortunately all the files are too big to be uploaded onto the blog. I would need to do some editing and re-saving to be able to post them. I must apologize, but I don't have the time for that right now. But, anyway, here are a few pictures of her destroying her cake.


















We don't have many other pictures, mostly because it just wasn't "that kind" of party. There was no dedicated time to gift opening and all that. We mostly just hung out and ate. That's just how we roll. We opened the gifts in a more intimate environment. Thanks to everyone who sent/brought her a gift! We so appreciate your generosity!


Here are a few pictures from Monday. We enjoyed the beautiful weather and played outside for a few hours.




















She went in for her 1 year checkup today. She is doing great and developing normally. She is slightly "ahead of schedule" when it comes to things like walking, etc., but that is mostly because she is just trying to keep up with big sis.
Here are her stats:
Weight 20 lbs 5 oz. (50%)
Height 30 in. (75%)
Head 48 cm (95%)


So, there you have it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our 1 year old is a Doll and sweetheart! We so enjoyed being with you all even for a short time this past weekend! The girls are beautiful and darling. Keep on doing what you're doing because they are great little girls!
Deborah

The Brown Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! We miss you guys!!