Sunday, August 2, 2009

An Assundry of Variousness

Yep, we're still staying busy around here. I am actually quite excited to post on some of the projects Steven and I have been working on, but I can't post until they are totally done. I just want to be able to show how it went from start to finish. But to give you a little teaser, I am working on a huge painting for over our fireplace, and Steven and I both are working on a built-in for our great room---12 feet long and 8 feet high with a desk, cabinets, and tons of bookshelves (woohoo!) for all of my lonely books that are still packed in a closet. I miss them :( So, I'm not lying when I say we're busy.


And now for the BD's (baby Dunhams). They're doing good. They keep me busier than any project, that's for sure. But then again, they are my greatest project :)
















One of Steven's co-workers, who obviously wants a raise, got Chase the onesie pictured below. This is how he felt about it....
















...but Mommy solved that problem by covering it up with this. He liked that better. Good boy.


















My girlies love they're Daddy. They are all enjoying The Incredibles together. Anna is enjoying digging for gold as well.












Post Oreo milkshake, Brooke started weeping when I told her it was time to get cleaned up. I'm not quite sure why she is the one crying. Somehow I think I deserve to cry in this situation.


















The other day, when Anna decided to don her pretty-princess couture, Brooke decided it was high time she got to do so as well. When Big Sister came tippy-toeing into the room all decked out, Brooke took off running for the closet where we store our surplus of Disney princess attire. She stood there and pointed, saying, "Diss, diss. Pweeeese." So, with the help of some safety pins, Brooke got to wear her very first gauzy extravaganza. She felt pretty. ;)
















Here are my little princesses tripping the light fantastic together.













I thought this was pretty funny. I told the girls we were going to the store the other day, and Anna takes off running. Just as I was beginning to wonder where she was and what was up, she comes walking back into the room looking like this....
















She says to me, "Okay, Mommy, I'm ready to go."


I introduced Anna to Nutella the other day. I usually am quite stingy about my Nutella, it is the one thing in my life that I refuse to share with anyone. Ever. It's mine, dern-it. It has been my guilty pleasure for years, and I only break it out occasionally because it is like kryptonite. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking when I decided to have some with the girls still awake. Anna comes sneaking up behind me, and I turn around, totally busted.

"Mommy, what's that?"

"Nothing. It's yucky." I know, I ought to be ashamed.

"I want some."

"You didn't say please, so you can't have any." Even more shameful.

"Please may I have some, Mommy?" The lower lip protrudes and the eyes fill with tears.

*sigh* And now my lower lip protrudes, but the guilt outweighs the selfishness. "Here you go, baby," handing her a spoonful of Nutella.

































"That was yummy! Thank you, Mommy. I love you."
Say it with me.....aaaawwwwww.

4 comments:

Madeira girl said...

Totally loved this post Erin! I am slow to share my food too... with reason! If all get bites, none left for me! You are hilarious! Cute girls! I think the picts of Chase with the clothes were priceless too. Sorry Steven! Only boy too... :)

Anne said...

Hey Erin! I thought it was time to stop being a stalker and tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. You are a great writer and I love your sense of humor! All your kiddos are super adorable! Your little family keeps me chuckling:) Just thought I would let you know!
Anne Malament

Erin said...

Thanks Anne! I'm glad you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICS! The girls in their princess attire. Chase in his college attire! (He's going to go to Georgia Tech and put a new spin on fall football!:) Anna ready to go shopping. What a fun age they are!! I know it's trite but please enjoy-it's over before you know it!! Love, Deborah