Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dancey-Dance

My little baby *sniff* is a little baby no more. I was shocked by how grown up she looked as I readied her for her very first dance class. It's easy to forget that she is only 3 1/2 years old, mostly because she is in a size 5!!! Crazy. And she must be about to hit another growth spurt, because I cannot keep this child full. The last few weeks she has been constantly telling me, "Mommy, I'm hungry." But I digress...

Last week she had her first class at Kingdom's Feet. She did sooooo well. She went into her class, no problem, as all the other little girls in her class dissolved into tears when they got dropped off. But, hey, no judgments here, a month ago Anna would have done the same thing. Only recently has that improved for us. I didn't stick around to watch because Brooke and Chase kept me hoppin' the whole time. That, and the AC in the building was not working, so we retreated to the 'Burban to keep cool. When I went back in to pick her up, she was happily tapping away with a huge grin on her face. It seems like she really enjoys herself and has an affinity for it. Yay! I was slightly concerned we'd get her in the class and she'd hate it, which is not that big a deal, except that dance classes are not exactly cheap, nor is all the paraphernalia associated with said dance classes. Overall, a joyous and wonderful success!
Here is my girl all decked out for her first class. Mommy was a very bad mommy and gave Anna some Coke since she woke up from her nap a major crankypants. It worked, because she was all geeked up and excited by the time we got to the dance school.

















Here she is in her classroom with one of her classmates. There are only 3 other little girls (4 including Anna) in her class. The class she was originally in got so big that they asked if any of us would switch, which we did, so she gets tons of one on one time with the 2 teachers of her class. Score!

















We also signed Anna up for a dance class hosted by our church. It is only 10 weeks long, and significantly cheaper, so I figured it would be a fun way for her to hang out with some of the other little girls that go to our church. She is already calling one of the other little girls in her class her "best friend." So funny.













And while it has very little to do with her dance classes---though she is in her ballet clothes---my girl is officially big enough to have graduated from her car seat to a booster seat. She is doing an amazing job of buckling her seat belt.

















I so loved dance when I was a little girl, I am hopeful that it will be something my girls love as well. If they don't, no big deal, I'm not going to get all "pageant mom" on them, but it's worth a try to get them involved in it ;) If nothing else, they'll make some friends and get some good exercise along the way.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Anna is so beautiful! I hope she continues to love dancing! I wish I had taken ballet for a longer period as a kid....it's great!