Thursday, September 17, 2009

4 Months

My happy baby boy is 4 months old today. My, how the time flies. I'm going to be frank for a second (ha ha....am I ever frank for only a second?) and say that perhaps I am not quite as sad as I should be that he is not a tiny newborn anymore. That's right, as all of you tiny-baby-lovers gnash your teeth and put on sackcloth and ashes, I will freely admit that I am not fond of the newborn baby phase. I treasure that short period of being able to cuddle your tiny helpless little infant---for about 2 weeks. I guess I just bond with my children very quickly. But now *sigh of relief* I can interact with all 3 of my kids, and I much prefer it that way.


And, oh, can I interact with my little boy. He loves his mommy. And his mommy loves him. All my friends with boys have told me there is a difference in the mother/daughter vs. mother/son relationship, and I remember thinking that didn't make sense; but, alas, they were right. It's hard to explain why, but it is different. Not that I love him more than my girls, because I adore them immensely, but there is an intangible difference.


I shall bore you no more with my aimless musings.


Chase is one good feeding away from being too big for his infant seat. Not too heavy, but too long. I think in another month, at most, he will have to move to a regular carseat. No matter what happens, I think he'll be happy about it.














I started feeding him rice cereal about a month ago. Formula alone does not seem to be satisfying him. So, every day when he hits that crazily insatiable period between naptime and bedtime, he gets a rice cereal/sweet potato surprise.













Solid food is fun.













And here is his sweet potato soul patch. Niiiice.














Here is a short film of Chase doing what he does best......um.....well.......not much. Oh, I know: looking cute. He has started kicking and pushing himself around a little. He also rolls from his tummy to his back, and his back to his side, but not a full 360 degrees as of yet. And by the way, Anna dressed herself this morning. I had nothing to do with that. Also, that sound you hear near the end of the video: I swear that was Brooke.

No comments: