Hey folks!
Since it has been as splendid as an extra-sunny June day in the Mojave, we have spent many an afternoon in the Energy Star efficiency of our air-conditioned home. One of the things that the girls have been enjoying a lot lately is making works of art. Anna has gone all Jackson Pollock on us. She paints and draws up a storm. One morning I awoke to Anna painting in her (light pink) ballet tights, brand new (white) sweater, and her tap shoes. Niiiiice. Luckily, while I was stupid enough to leave her paint out, at least it's washable, and everything washed out just fine. But all that aside, here are some examples of my girls masterpieces:
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Enrichment
When she got sick of paint, I gave her some markers. She drew a little, and then decided that her markers looked very tasty. Yep. She had black teeth for awhile.
I have started working on some preschool stuff with Anna-girl over the last few weeks. She takes it very seriously....
I bought a super-cool book that has different sections with the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers, etc. I make copies and we go over one letter (upper and lowercase), one number, one shape, one color, writing skills.....you get the picture. I also got a dry erase board thing from Target with pretty princesses all over it, and she can practice her letters and numbers and we can erase it over and over----she loves it (it is pictured above).
After she finishes her schoolwork for the day, she hangs her papers on the fridge under our Leap Frog magnet thing so Daddy can see it when he gets home from work. I put the letter she is working on for the week on the fridge as well. Obviously, as pictured below, we started with the letter "A." I am going to skip to "N" so we can start working on her writing her name. Hooray!
So Brooke wouldn't feel left out, I sat her down with the pretty princess dry erase board. This is what she thought about her "school."
She was traumatized.
So, I let her do what she wanted, which apparently involved climbing on the table and re-arranging the bottles of paint.
Here's what Chasers did during school-time. He studied the back of his eyelids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so impressed that you've already started to tackle school with Anna so soon after Chase was born! I can't imagine myself being able to do that! Anna seems to love it....just like Alathea. And Brook reminds me so much of Abi! We're gonna have to get together some time. I think our girls would have fun together! Poor Chase would be swarmed by four little girls :)
you are such a good mommy! Can Gray come do school with you? ;)
Post a Comment