Tuesday, November 24, 2009

6 Months

Little guy is half past born! It's hard to believe. At times it seems that the time goes very quickly, and other times, not so much. Either way, Chase is such a joy. He's such a precious little baby.

Developmentally, he is progressing a lot like Anna did. He is rolling all over the place still, and he pulls himself around a little bit, but not really close to crawling yet. His back isn't quite strong enough to sit up or hold himself on his hands and knees. He can sit up somewhat when I help him. I'm not at all concerned, just relaying facts.

Still no teeth yet, but if the amount of gnawing is directly related to his discomfort, he should be close to his bottom teeth erupting. He's been fighting me recently with his sleep patterns, but I think he underestimates my resolve. Though, I must admit, he gets away with a lot more than his older sisters did when I was sleep training them.












Chase had his 6 month checkup on Monday, and he's doing wonderful, as expected. Here are his stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. 11 oz. (50%)
Height: 28 in. (95%)
Head: 44cm (50%)
So, as you can see, he's pretty tall, but otherwise, growing at an average rate. His doctor said he probably just hit a growth spurt, and that his weight should catch up over the next month or so. Which shouldn't be a problem, because he pretty much wants to eat constantly.












Hope you enjoyed the update on my bear-bear. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: