Okay, so, I'm a week or two late on my boy's 8 month update. Not that you aren't aware of my consistently inconsistent timeliness in posting. I'm trying to manage my time better now that things are getting into more of a routine---or I have just gotten more used to the new level of chaos that is my life.
I think a lot of the "settling down" atmosphere is directly related to the milestones that Chase is accomplishing. He has been commando crawling for about 3 or 4 weeks, and he is very happy with his mastery of movement. Much like Brooke, he occupies himself wonderfully. For the last few days, he has begun crawling on all fours. He'll do several steps on all fours, but when he decides he really wants to kick up the speed, he reverts back to commando crawling.
Here is a video of him commando crawling:
He can actually sit up too, but he doesn't like to sit still, so it is hard to get a picture of it. I did get a video of it. He has gotten better about rolling himself onto the floor since I filmed this, but like I said before, sitting up is not a high priority for him right now. He'd much rather be getting into something :)
Other updates of interest:
We are still waiting on his other bottom tooth to come in. I can see that it's close to breaking through, as well as one of his top teeth, but neither have erupted yet. Oh well.
He is weaning himself off of formula. He just doesn't want to drink it much anymore. He loves eating his baby food, and he loves Ritz crackers. He'll only drink maybe 2 bottles a day. No complaints here. I can't wait to get him off of formula and be rid of bottles forever.
I love his little personality. It's so precious to watch him. He loves to get on the hard floor and bang on it with his hands so he can hear the noise. He talks up a storm. He is saying "da-da," "ma-ma," "ga-ga," and "ba-ba." Standard baby talk. He is very expressive. I can tell what's going on with him by the expressions on his face.
He's such a joy. But don't let that make you think he's perfect. Oh, no. He has his little issues as much as anyone. He haaaaates when you take something from him that he wants. In fact, out of all three of my kids, he pitches the biggest fits about things being taken from him. He still is very low maintenance, though. He's such a good baby.
But, unfortunately, he has decided just now that he is done playing and ready for Mommy to hold him---so I must go.
4 comments:
Hi, Erin! I just wanted to let you know that the videos don't work. I get a message saying, "This video is currently not available. Please try again later." I tried last night and again this morning with the same result.
Who are you? Just to let you know, the videos work fine for me, so it means that something is wrong with your internet provider or the settings on your computer. Thanks!
I had no problem with the videos either. Chase is too cute. Thanks for sharing how fast he is growing. When we were there at Christmas his method of moving was rolling over and over to get where he wanted to go. And now he is crawling in just slightly over a month. Wow!
Deborah
Sorry, I forgot to sign the first comment. I still get the same message when I try to watch the videos. It happens on all three computers. I've never had a problem viewing any of your other videos.
Debbie Heizer
Post a Comment