Aside from the normal dose of Christmas chaos, we all had a wonderful day. In fact, it was the best Christmas I've had in a long time. It was so nice to spend Christmas morning with my little family. I loved it. We also had Steven's dad, mom, brother, and grandmother in town with us, and it really added to the family atmosphere that I love so much. The kids just adore them all, and I love how happy my kids are when they are around. It was truly special. Like I said, presents aside, it was the best Christmas I have had in awhile.
Thanks again to everyone that sent money and gift cards, the kids got so many wonderful things as a result of your generosity and kindness. And, the good thing is, because they are so close in age, they actually play with each other's toys. It's almost like they got triple the gifts :)
Here is Chase playing with one of the toys he got:
And Brooke playing with one of the toys Chase got:
And Anna playing with one of the toys Brooke got:
You thought I was kidding. They really do play with each other's toys.
And speaking of playing together, here is a picture of the much-anticipated swingset. Thank you Chuck, Jonathan, and especially Steven, for working so hard to put it all together! You're the best! This is not a very good picture, I will go out later and take some pictures with my awesome new DSLR (my Christmas present).
My girls love it so very much, and would play on it all day every day if it wasn't so darn cold. But, I think once the weather warms up, we will all be getting more than our suggested daily dose of Vitamin D :) Thanks to everyone who gave us cash to go towards the world's most awesome swingset!
Here is a video of Anna and Brooke on the swings:
It was a wonderful Christmas! Thank you to everyone who made it so special!
1 comment:
We loved spending Christmas with you all also! Thanks for your wonderful hospitality and the DELICIOUS beef tenderloin and side dishes!!
The playset is wonderful and I know the kids will spend countless hours in the years to com enjoying it.
Love, Deborah
Post a Comment