Thursday, February 25, 2010

9 Months

Yes, I know I should be ashamed. Anna's birthday was over a week ago, and I still haven't posted. Don't be glum....I am planning on doing an Anna-centric update on the morrow, probably in the evening. I wanted to wait because she has her portrait appointment in the morning, and I figured that would make a nice addition to the post. Also, I am being incredibly lazy about uploading and editing the party pictures---so monotonous to me right now---bleh.

In the meantime, you will have to be satisfied with a 9 month update on my little cutie-cutester. He rang in his 3/4 year day the same day as his big sister had her 4 year day. How special. I took a few pictures to commemorate the occasion.

Not to sound arrogant, but I am constantly amazed at what a beautiful child he is. Really, it shocks me when I look at some of the pictures I take. It also confuses me. Not that Steven and I are glass-breaking ugly or anything, but we don't seem good-looking enough to have produced this:












He will be the unfortunate recipient of my cosmotological talents soon (i.e. he is getting a haircut). His hair is starting to look all Crispin Glover on me. That, and I cannot stand little boys with long hair. *lemon face* Unless of course they have thick, beautiful, wavy hair---which little Crispin here does not. Of course, I will post pictures of his new 'do, but don't hold your breath for too long, it's bad for your brain.

We did manage to make it to the pediatrician for his 9 month check-up. He got a gold star, he's so awesome. Here are his stats:

Weight: 20 lbs 3 oz. (50%)
Height: 30 in. (95%)
Head: 46 cm (50%)

So, as you can see, he is very tall and of average weight. His head/brain is of average size, which is normal for a man ;) Superb intelligence/above average brain size runs in my female line. I kid, I kid. He is doing everything on target developmentally. And even if he wasn't, I would not be stressing out about it. Every kid develops differently, and every kid has there own special gifts, so....stepping down off of soapbox.

He's crawling everywhere, baby-talking up a storm, sleeping great, had little to no sicknesses since November (knock on wood), sitting up wonderfully, eating solids well, and doing this....


Pulling up onto his knees and beginning to act like he wants to stand. *waving one hand in my face with the other over my heart* Lord help me, he will be standing and walking soon. Notice his comb over in this pic. Isn't it nice?








And last but not least, this post would not be complete without a picture like this:
Brooke thought he would look special with it on. Next thing I know, he will be getting a mani-pedi and talking with a lisp. Poor kid.


Just for the record, he hated the princess crown. I had to use a 1/1,000,000,000 shutter speed to get this shot before he yanked it off. Phew.

No comments: