Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Must Hate Winter

I have naught to report. Other than the fact that I am SICK of winter. Yes. I, who usually have no problem with winter, have had it. I, who am opposed to steamy temperatures, would at present love to vacation on the surface of the sun (minus the instantaneous death part). And Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow too. Stupid groundhog. *hmph*

I won't complain anymore. There is a bright (and cold) side. Perhaps Al Gore and his constituent of kool-aid drinking climatologists need to recalibrate their apocalyptic forecasts. I am willing to bear layers of ice and snow if it flies in the face of nincompoopery.

Other than being a little stir crazy, we are all doing well. Anna very much enjoyed the snow. And, luckily for me, Steven enjoys it too, so I don't have to go out in it. I've managed to get the kids out of the house some, but I must admit, they are a bit of a handful. Really I am just trying to maintain societally acceptable level of sanity (which, fortunately for me is not that much) until the weather warms up and the kids can run off their excess energy in our back yard.

I have put a few pictures on here so you will not be too bored by my yawn-inducing tirade about winter. Below is Anna striking an alarmingly pageant-like pose. She must get that from Steven, who always manages to look perfectly posed in pictures without even trying.

















This pic is fuzzy and out of focus (I begin photography classes this weekend, so you should begin to see improvement), but the overall nature and personality of my little sprite comes through, I think.


















Chase was telling me a story when I took this picture. He's been full of them lately. He is baby-talking up a storm. But right now he is expressing his woes and troubles, so I need to go feed him and put him in the bed.












Well, if anything, this post will help you better be able to fall asleep this evening, so be sure and read it again before you go to bed. *yawn* What was I saying? *snore*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what a long winter it is for a mom of 3 young children as I am whining every day about what a tough winter we are having and we haven't even had any white stuff on the ground!

Oh WOW what a beauty our Anna is!!
Her everyday pics are stunning!

Miss Brooke is a study of just cuteness. And Chase is a total doll.

Can't wait to see you all next weekend for the Princess bday party and spend time with all of our special babies.

Love u all, Chuck and Deborah