Monday, November 1, 2010

Sugar Rush

Wow, it's been a long time. Two months. I think that's a new record for me. I doubt anybody even reads my blog anymore. So, I think I'll just talk to myself. With 3 kids, it seems that I am always talking to myself, as much as anyone actually listens to me. *sigh*

We all had a great time this last weekend for Halloween. Our church had this fun outreach called "Trunk or Treat," where everyone pulls their cars into the parking lot and all the kids walk around to the trunks of cars and get their candy. There were also games for the kids to play, etc. Apparently, it is quite a popular thing to do around here, but I had never heard of it before. Let me tell you, it was so much more convenient then walking around a neighborhood, AND more fun to hang out with friends!

Here are some of the pictures I took of my babies all dressed up.


Anna, as you can see, was a tiger this year. She thought that was pretty cool. I got this costume for her to wear last year, but we ended up not going out, so I brought it out to be used this year. I have to say, she was as cute as can be. How could she not be, though? She's cute (almost) all the time, so why not in a tiger costume?
















Striking a pose...

















See that streak of orange and black? That's the result of about 30 Snicker bars. Oh joy.












She did manage to focus enough to attempt the ring toss. I think she was successful....or not.

















It didn't seem to dampen her mood. She had fun.











Little Miss Brooke was a giraffe. She was not too keen on the giraffe-head part of it since it would cover her eyes, so I didn't get a picture of her 100% percent giraffe. This is a "Mommy, seriously, another picture?" look.

















Our child is not missing a leg. I think she was trying to pose or something. Or she was running. One or the other.

















Say it with me....aaaaaaawwwwww.


















This picture really shocked me. My little baby girl is not a little baby girl anymore. She's growing up so fast. Such a pretty girl.

















This picture pretty much sums up the Brooke.












Then there's the boy. He was the last in line to have the privilege of wearing the wondrous Gator costume. He wore it well....even if it was a little small. He was ready for a flood.


















Chase was busy checking everything out.
Candy in hand, he walked here....



















...he walked there....









....he walked everywhere. And pretty much wore me out.








He did pause briefly from time to time to observe different phenomena.













Chase tried his hand at the ring toss, but mostly he just tried the rings. He found they weren't as tasty as the candy. Brooke didn't know what to think.












Here are a few pictures of the kids going from car to car collecting obscene amounts of candy.


















All in all, we had a wonderful time. Yeah, it took a little while for the 3 of them to fall asleep that night, but it was worth it. They had a great time!

I plan (key word being "plan") on posting all of our travel pictures soon. I should enjoy that considerably.....since I'm the only one reading this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your not the only one reading it babe, I use it to show everyone at the office how cute the kids are. Just as you posted, there were a lot of "aaawwwwws":) Love you babe.

Steven

Anonymous said...

I always check to see if anything new is posted, so you are definitely not the only on reading your blog. I love the new pictures. Brooke and Chase have gotten so much older and bigger. Anna hasn't changed as much. I look forward to seeing your travel pictures. I like your Facebook picture of you and Steven on the Eiffel Tower.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you guys this week, so I thought I would check to see how you all are. The kids look great! I am soo glad you have found a church out this way that you love. That is a blessing! It looks like the kids love it too! How has school gone for Anna? I hope she loves every minute! It is hard to believe that Chase is so big too. I am glad to see things are good for you guys! Let us know if you need anything!
Becky M.

Anonymous said...

Erin, I love the blog so I can check out what my China Grove babies are up to! You are right the girls are truly beautiful and Chase is a doll. Glad they had such a good time!
Look forward to seeing the pictures of your trip!
Love to all! Deborah AKA Nanee

Anonymous said...

I loved the halloween pictures!!! How much you all must have had "trunk or treating". I can't believe how much Brooke has changed with her hair now. I will have to tell you Dad to check out the new postings!!