Friday, August 27, 2010

Here You Go

Hey, folks! I must admit, I have been doing a pretty terrible job of keeping our blog updated. I will not bother with my usual list of excuses, even though they still apply; instead I will simply begin with today's post.

Last week Chase went in for his 15 month checkup. As expected, he is doing well, developing normally. I cannot find the stat sheet the pediatrician gave me, but I do remember that he is now 33 inches tall (95%) and 23 lbs (45%). Apparently, he has just hit a growth spurt, explaining why is weight is a little down. It's certainly not for a lack of eating, because Chase eats constantly.

Not really much interesting about the visit other than that---the most interesting part of the visit for me is usually trying to figure out how not to have a nervous breakdown in the exam room while my kids systematically try to destroy everything. This time I resorted to blown-up latex gloves (as balloons), and at some point we had about 5 of them bouncing around as the pediatrician tried to explain the intricacies of proper diet or something like that. I wasn't paying attention.

Here's my bug showing his multi-tasking capabilities. He's pushing a stroller, while playing with his football and eating some food. Awesome.
















Chase has officially clocked his first injury. The circumstances surrounding it are still very fishy. All I know is that while Mommy was trying to use the bathroom (God forbid), I hear the ear-piercing screams of my youngest child. As I rush to the primary crime scene, I am greeted with a bloodied baby and two extremely guilty-looking sisters. It seems that Chase "fell" all on his own and "got a boo-boo." As you can see in the picture below, he sliced open the side of his nose pretty good, right in the crease. And since this was not my first rodeo, I super-glued it shut (yes, you read right) and dosed him with ibuprofen. Hooray for me.












My boy took it all in stride. Fifteen minutes later he was his temperate self.










As usual, I will promise to put up some video and then never follow through on it. ;) I did promise the kids I would let them play outside this morning since it is not a thousand degrees, and I do want to get them out since they love it so much. Maybe I'll take some pictures and then never post them. Yeah, that's a good idea.

No comments: