What can one say about Anna? Well, it would not be a lie to say she's a handful. It would be true that she is a sweet, spunky piece of work. She is part Mommy, part Daddy, and a whole lotta energy. Everything is out there for the world to see: her thoughts, emotions---all of it. I never have to wonder what is going on in her mind. One thing about her that stands out the most to me is her enthusiasm. It colors everything she does. She plays with enthusiasm, talks with enthusiasm, eats with enthusiasm....I must admit, it can be intense at times, but I love and admire that about her.
Enthusiastic would also be a good word to describe her approach to sisterhood. Another word for it would be "administrative." Wow. She doesn't rule with an iron fist or anything, but she certainly has her moments of mini-mommy. I try not to require a lot from her; I do want her to be able to be a kid. I think sometimes oldest kids are required to grow up faster than their younger siblings, and I don't want to bog my girl down with too much at such a young age. It's not her fault that we had all our children in about 3 years. People may not agree with that approach, but I really don't care. I don't want to see my girl lose her happy, carefree personality because of my responsibilities. But, anyway....
Anna loooooooves socializing. We put her in a few different VBS's this year, and she just adored it. The picture below is her getting her certificate from VBS at our new church. Another thing that is such a blessing and clearly her love of being around people...her teachers just love her. It has been so nice to hear their feedback, and very encouraging. Since I spend all day every day with her, sometimes I wonder if I am doing any good. It makes me happy to hear the kind things they say about Anna.
Anna is still the consummate artist. She loves to draw, color, and paint. I'm also learning, as Brooke enters into the art arena, that Anna is a very responsible artist. I do not have to worry about Anna writing on the walls or furniture (though she has been know to draw on herself). She is very good about keeping her medium on the right surface. (Brooke, however, not so much)
Yep. She's my girl.
Technically, this is not a thumbs up (below), I was trying to get her to take her thumb out of her mouth. I do think it's a bit funny that it's an accurate representation of her approach to everything---a big thumbs up. Just like her Daddy.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that Anna is officially enrolled in preschool! I was a tiny bit sad and a tiny bit relieved at the same time. I found a local church that is just starting their preschool ministry this year, so it will be a smaller, more intimate environment, which is what I wanted. Needless to say, Anna is way more excited about it than I am. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but it's really not about me, and Anna bugs me all the time about "going to school," so this will be a good thing for her. She doesn't start for another month, but I will be sure and post on it when the day comes. *sniff*
Here is a cute video of my girl. Now, when we go to the grocery store, she loves to get her own cart and push it around the store, "helping" me shop and carrying foodstuffs for me. I've been run over a few times as a result of her near constant distraction (admittedly, grocery stores nowadays are sensory overload), but it is well worth the calf and heel bruising to see her have such a good time. This time she did not bring it, but normally she has her purse with her too :)
I hope you enjoyed it!
I know I promised a video of Brooke. I can assure you one's coming, however, my children are in need of some "direction" at present. I'll have to postpone for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment