Monday, May 19, 2008

In Theaters Soon...

So, I know I should be a "good" Christian and be excited about Prince Caspian being released, but I have to admit, my heart belongs to another man (besides Steven, of course). And this Thursday, my wait will be over.

I am SOOOOO excited about the new Indiana Jones movie!!!!!!! I remember when I read last year that they (by "they" I mean the creative genius that is George Lucas and Steven Spielburg) were making another Indy installment. And now we get to see the wonderful, remarkably well-preserved Harrison Ford in all his archeological glory. The only disappointment is that Sean Connery is not reprising his role :( I get goosebumps when I hear the theme song (John Williams is a genius too). For those of you that weren't there or do not remember the level of my cheesiness, I used the Indiana Jones theme for our recessional music at our wedding:)

Here is what I prepose. Who wants to put those Star Wars people to shame and dress up like the characters and camp out the night before? Can I be Indy? The hat, the whip--the 5 o'clock shadow? Anybody game? ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember the recessional music! i thought it was steven's idea though! that's quite a proposal, i'd do it with you if i was there :)

Madeira girl said...

Oh, I have been very excited about this one as well! I have watched the other three many times over. I wish I could go with ya! I will be out of town for the homeschooling conference Thursday through Sat. Bummer! Have fun and put those star wars geeks to shame!:)

Robin said...

You go girl!!!! I'm a fan....but not quite as big a fan as you...OR it could be that my age is showing and I'm not willing to sacrifice my comfort for an Indy line! Not much loyalty there! I hope it is a great movie!!!

Erin said...

I was mostly just being dramatic...there is no way I would do all that!! I hardly ever go to a movie on opening weekend because I can't stand large crowds of people. I probably won't go see it for a week or so. Now you (Becky and Robin) have no excuse not to go with me ;)

Robin said...

GIRLS NIGHT!!!