I just realized that I do not post very much about my Brookester. The fact is, I try to get pictures of her cute expressions and video of her "conversations" with me (like the video above), but it is very hard because she is SO distracted by the camera. She will smile and coo and talk, but the second the shiny grey contraption makes an appearance, she totally looses interest in her mommy. This video is the best I can do so far in capturing her "talking" to me.
I don't know if you noticed in the video, but she seems very aware of her surrondings now. She gets these looks where I just know she is thinking about something and working it through. Brooke has reached the point where she is very interested in what is going on around her. She does NOT like to be held facing me. She wants to be facing out so she can observe what's going on around her. I couldn't understand why when we went out she would fuss in her papoose when a month ago she would go right to sleep the second she was put in it. So, I turned her around and vou ala! she was perfectly happy.
I must apologize for how terrible the audio is in this video, I had the camera by my shoulder so she wouldn't be distracted by it, and the speaker is right by my face, so I sound like the great and powerful OZ (pay no attention to that man behind the curtain). Also, Little Bear is blaring in the background. I hope to get all the environmental distractions straightened out sometime in the next 20 years or so :) Until then, this is the best I can do.
4 comments:
This video is too precious!! Brooke has filled out so much since I saw her at the end of May. She is a doll. And I see my favorite "artiste" in the background with her markers coloring. Looking forward to seeing all of you on July 4th.
Love, Deborah
awww, she looks so sweet :) she's making me (more) excited to experience those "little" baby times again.
She is getting so big! I love baby babble. It's great that you can get even this on tape!
Thanks again for dinner the other night. We had a great time! We would love to do it more often... maybe we can be closer neighbors... (we are in negotiations now on that China Grove house!)
YAAAY!!! Neighbors!!! That's awesome!! I'll be praying that it works out for you guys!
Post a Comment