Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Porch

My friend Lanie asked me what my favorite part of the house was, and after some time being here, I have to conclude that my favorite part is the second story porch. Though it has been like living on the surface of the sun this last week, today it is much cooler and we (Anna, Brooke, and I) went out on the porch since Anna loves running around up there. There is always a nice breeze blowing where we are, so it makes the porch a really pleasant place to be. I can't wait to get a nice cozy outdoor couch or chair so I can sit out there and read or just relax. It is an ideal place for that!
We already have 2 bird nests on the porch. One end of the porch has a nest of barn swallows, and the other end has a nest of purple finches. I can see the little purple finch babies' heads sticking out of the nest. So cute! The only negative is that they poop everywhere. Oh well.
Here are a few pictures of Anna chillin' on the porch. Her legs are not deformed, despite how they look in the first picture. At some point, I will post a picture of the view from the porch--it's really pretty.
















How you know Anna is relaxed...















I want to give glory to God for all these wonderful blessings He has bestowed on our family. So often I become distracted and focused on what needs to be done next that I don't take the time to rest in the blessings and completion of right now. Many people have asked me if I am excited about our new house--and while I am excited, I was allowing the mountain of work to be done distract me from focusing on the mountain of blessings the Lord has provided. So, YES, I am super excited--and all this stuff I have to unpack is a (huge) manifestation of how the Lord has blessed me and my family! Thank you, Lord!!!

No comments: