....Championships!!! For those of you that aren't Gator-hators, you probably don't get this. There are those people out there that like to hate on WINNERS and chant, "Gators wear jean shorts," mostly because they can't think of anything better to say--- and because we are always kicking their arses and there's nothing else you really can say in the face of such terrible defeat. It's aaallll good, though. We Gators don't let silly, childish rants stop us from being the awesome Gator Nation that we are.
Moving on...
I was privileged to be able to go to the SEC Championshiop game in Atlanta this last weekend and see my beloved Gators play the Tide (Alabama---for those of you who are not up on the collegiate world). I had such a great time! The first 3 quarters I thought for sure I was going to have a heart attack--the game was so close and well-matched--but once we got a comfortable lead, I was able to enjoy the 4th quarter and dance around and yell with reckless abandon surrounded by all my fellow Gator fans. And, the last 2 Gator touchdowns were scored right in front of our seats! We were in the lowest section, on the goal line, 13 rows back! Sooooo great! If you were watching the game, we were the section right next to the band---which I happen to love since I'm a music girl. *sigh* Everything about that day was so wonderful!
Here he is....the MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND....Tim Tebow. During the trophy ceremony, he dedicated the win to "his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." Wow, if I had a son, I'd want him to be just like Tim Tebow.
Here is the scoreboard after the game. I took a picture only because it felt like a bit of a dream after how close the game was. There were a few times I thought we were going to get our butts kicked...
Okay, you know who you people are, but don't be a hater because I'm not all dressed up like it's a flipping fashion show. Also, I had been jumping around and screaming and hugging complete strangers (who were also not dressed up, by the way) for about 45 minutes straight, so this is not the most flattering picture I've ever taken. But I never have been all that concerned with posing for an "optimal" picture of myself. An aside, I screamed and jumped so much that my abs were sore the next day. That's how nuts I am at football games. No "wine and cheese crowds" for me. Steven says it's actually a little scary watching Gator football with me. It's called passion, people.
2 comments:
SO much fun! I thought about you a lot as Brian and the boys watched the game. Glad it was a good one for you!
Thanks again for covering my "shift" so I could go!! I had such a great time! Soooo glad I went!
Post a Comment