Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Girls

I haven't updated on my girls in awhile, so I figured it was time to catch you up on the how-doings of my sweetie-bears. And, yes, they are doing great: no problems, but certainly mommy's little dynamic duo of chaos. They keep me busy, that's for sure.

We shall begin with the Anna. I have three words: Piece--Of--Work. They are a descriptive and appropriate three words. I was beginning to wonder if I had one the top ten worst children in the world, until talking to other more experienced mothers and friends with 4 year olds. Now I am relieved to know that this behavior, while not always acceptable, is quite normal for this age. Phew. No spawn of Satan for me. Really she is a precious little girl, I say all of this while I wink and smile. Yes, she is a handful, but I love her dearly.












One of the many things that I find so wonderful (and tiring) about my oldest baby is her energetic and social personality. She loves people, playing, drawing---I can see she is a very "right brain" child. She has a very difficult time, as a general rule, sitting still and focusing on things, unless of course she really wants to. But she has an amazing capacity for imaginative play, color, and memory (of things that truly interest her).


















She loves her dance class, and it's been interesting, because she loves it for totally different reasons than I did. She loves being around her teachers, fellow students (i.e. her "friends," which, really, is everyone), while the actual dancing and music part is least important to her. When I was her age, I could have cared less about the other kids, but I knew all my moves and music, bygolly. By the way, I get her dance costume today, so I'm sure some pictures of that will be coming your way soon.












Anna is an excellent big sister. Because she is such a lover of people, it certainly goes without saying that she also loves her siblings. Of course, there is always some kind of conflict---they are kids, after all---but overall she is becoming such a helpful girl without me having to require or encourage her very much at all. I guess it must come naturally of oldest girls. They are what the have to be :)

Like I said, I love my girl dearly, especially when she's sleeping ;)


And then there's my baby girl. Such a sweet thing, so perfect for the spot she was given in our family. While she certainly contributes her fair share of stinker, it manifests differently than Anna's brand of stinker. My Brookie is a self-proclaimed "pwincess." I'm sure that gives you some insight into her disposition. She wears a dress every day because she wants to. She gets very upset if she has to wear short or pants, because she wants to be a "pwincess" at all times. I see some diva in my future. *sigh* Right now I think it's kinda funny, but I doubt it will be when she's sixteen.













This photo cracks me up. She is a very expressive little girl. What you see is what you get with my girls. The emotions are all out there where you can see them. Which, personally, I prefer, so I know what's going on and don't have to guess about it, but at times it can feel a bit like I'm in an episode of "One Life to Live."


















My Brooke is an incredibly tender, affectionate, and loving little girl. While Anna is imaginative and creative in social and extroverted way, Brookers is ten times more imaginative and creative, but it seems to be in her head----a "romantic," if you will. And, this little girl is smart. She picks up on things in a snap. She is identifying shapes and colors on her own, and her vocabulary is astounding. Even her pediatrician was shocked by how much and how well she talks. I'm really, truly not trying to brag, and I too am shocked by it. It's amazing to me that children are who they are from the very beginning. I don't know why it shocks and amazes me, especially when I see how different me and my sisters all are.
I so enjoy my little girl. I get the longest hugs and the most kisses from my middle baby. I love it. I hope she's always like that. I'm one of those that loves physical displays of affection (I love hugs--they are my most favorite), so I definitely am pleased the get an extra helping from Brookie (by the way, that is what she thinks her name is---Brookie). *smiles* I love my baby girl.




Well, I hope you have enjoyed your ride on the Cheeseball Express. It rarely happens on my blog, much like Haley's comet, which only happens every 75 years. *snort* So, until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both of your girls are absolutely precious and special in their own individual ways. Brooke's hair has grown so much over the past months! Looking forward to the big dance recital in June and spending time with you all.
Love Deborah